Friday, October 4, 2013

top 5 fall nail polish

Hey girlies! It is finally Friday, seriously! This week was super quick for me, but it was just so stressful and tiring! I had two exams, a lab report, and two quiz. On top of that, I woke up two hours earlier yesterday, so I was super exhausted! Definitely happy that I am done for the week!

Anyways, since my last post was such an unhappy post about Essie and how they rename a color, I figured I do my top five fall nail polish. Because I do own so many polish, this was a really hard decision, but I managed to pick five.


Essie Armed and Ready: I purchased this polish last year and wore it about twice. I am not sure why I did not wear more often because it is an absolutely gorgeous color, in my opinion. Currently on my nails, it is an olive green with golden shimmers. The shimmers are not very visible when not in a well lit place, but when you are able to see them, they are lovely! One thing I will say is that I am not a big fan of the small brush on Essie's nail polish, but it is something I am willing to overlook.
Essie Carry On: My first nail polish was a burgundy, not sure why as it is a pretty dark color for a 14 year old, but I loved it. I felt so mature and wore it all the time. Essie Carry On definitely reminds me of that color, but a little more on the purple side. Nonetheless, it is a gorgeous color for the Fall. 
OPI Dulce de Leche: In my opinion, this has to be one of the prettiest nude pinks ever. Honestly, I think it can be warn year round, but I included it here because I personally like to wear lots of neutral colors during the Fall. Summer and Spring are the time where I like to experiment with bright colors that are more out there. And unlike Essie, OPI has a much larger brush, making the application much smoother and faster.
OPI Lincoln Park After Dark: A deep purple, almost black. I love wearing this because it is not just a plain old black and makes my hands look so nice and polish. This is definitely one of my all time favorite dark fall color.
Julep Boris and Nicole: This is a gorgeous red-orange with sparkles that I love wearing during November because it reminds me so much of Thanksgiving! There is an Essie color that can be a dupe for this Julep, which is the one I originally purchased, but I missed place it and purchased this one. I honestly can't remember the name of the Essie polish. One thing I love about Julep is their packaging, it is so different from any other polish I own.

What are your favorite polish for the fall?

2 comments :

  1. Oh wow that Julep polish really is stunning x

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a color I will continue using for years during the fall! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric