Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mary Kay Clear Proof Review

Influenster is a review site which offers a free full size box to their most influential and active members. Every month, they release a box with full size products. In order to qualify for these VoxBoxes, you must be active in the Influenster community and connect your different social media to increase your impact score.  You also need to complete a survey that would pre-qualify for a specific Voxbox. To learn more about Influenster click here. One thing about joining Influenster is that you must be invited through email. If you are interested in joining, leave me a comment below!
Anyways, I was recently selected by Influenster to receive the Clear Proof Voxbox, which enclosed a new product by Mary Kay targeted for acne prone skin. It is a 4 step regimen, that when used correctly, promised clearer skin in seven days! The regimen includes a cleanser, moisturizer, toner, and a treatment gel. Now, I don't have a huge problem with acne, but I do break out every once in a while (especially during that time of the month). Luckily I received this box right around that time when I tend to break out (which was about two weeks ago). I started using it instantly! 


One thing that I noticed off the back was the lack of scent. To me, it just smelled like something that has been enclosed inside of a plastic container. To some it may not be bothersome, but I personally did not like it. The cleanser is a gel-like formula and does a pretty good job at cleaning my face. The toner is something I also really enjoyed using. It was not stripping nor did it have a strong alcohol scent, which is something many toners have. The treatment gel is also like a gel, and is the only product that contains benzoyl peroxide (the others contains salicylic acid). 

The moisturizer is the product that I really did not enjoy using out of the whole system. For one, I did not find that it was moisturizing enough. If you have used an acne system before, then you know that it can be a bit drying, and the moisturizer did not do much for alleviating the dry patches I was starting to develop on my face. Secondly, it had a very thin consistency, which was very annoying when trying to apply the product on my face. I felt as though it did not absorb into my skin fast enough and took a while to dry. 

I started using the Clear Proof system twice a day, since it was recommended on the package to use two to three times a day. Twice a day was really drying, and since the moisturizer wasn't helping much, after four days, I started using it only once a day. I washed my face in the morning using this system and used my regular skin care products at night to remove my makeup. As for the breakouts, I do feel that the Clear Proof system did help clear them up a lot quicker than my normal skin care routine. 

Would I repurchase this? Maybe not, only because I am no longer in the age where I am constantly breaking out. This is definitely targeted for those who have more breakouts, but I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a skin care system that is targeted for acne. It can be a little drying, so I would start with once a day and increase from there. The full system is $45 on the Mary Kay website if bought as a set, but about $56 if bought separately. 

Have you used an acne system? What were your results? 

Esty <3 
Twitter | Bloglovin

*I was sent this by Influenster for review. I am not being paid, all opinions are my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric