Friday, October 31, 2014

No Spend 'til Christmas

I was organizing my makeup and beauty products a couple of weeks ago and realized that I owned way too many for the space that I have. Not wanting to get rid of most of them, I decided that I was going to try to use them all up. But how could I do that if I was constantly buying new face wash or lipstick to try? My solution was to go on a spending ban. 

Starting November 1st (tomorrow), I will not make any beauty or makeup purchases unless absolutely necessary (example: I run out of ALL of the face wash I own). The plan was for the spending ban to last through November, but with the Sephora VIB sale coming up, I couldn't let those savings pass by! So I decided to extend my spending ban until Christmas. Here are the rules:
  1. No purchasing makeup of any kind for myself (except the one listed on my Sephora VIB sale wish list). 
  2. No purchasing any hair or body product for myself.
  3. Exemption to purchases only if it will be a Christmas gift for somebody else.
  4. It is okay to make a purchase for myself if all of that product type is finished (example: all face wash are empty).
I believe that is about it. Let me know if you think I am missing anything. Also feel free to join me so that we can be no spending buddies!

With love,
Esty

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric