Thursday, October 24, 2013

tip of the day | coconut oil

Hello lovelies, how are you all? This is my second attempt at writing this post. I wrote out the whole post on my iPad and it did not save! I was pretty upset. Anyways, I have been neglecting my blog this past week because of midterms, tons of homework, and being sick. I had a severe allergic reaction on Tuesday, not sure to what, which triggered my asthma. Believe me, it was not fun barely being able to breath on top of having a swollen lip and eye. Thank God, I am now feeling a lot better.

For today's post, I'd thought it would be helpful to give inform you all of the benefits of using coconut oil, if you do not already know them. Coconut oil has tons of Vitamin E, which is good for skin healing, and it is VERY moisturizing! I use the organic coconut oil, which I would definitely recommend if you are using it on your body to avoid any pesticides or other harmful stuff. 

Hair treatment - This is my favorite way of using coconut oil. I have been doing this for about three months now and have noticed a huge difference in my hair. I apply it liberally throughout my hair, focusing on the roots, and leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it as normal. My hair is less frizzy because of the amount of moisture it gives. Coconut oil is also great for hair growth. I recently chopped off a lot of my hair and since then, my hair has grown about an inch, if not more! 
Eye makeup remover - Coconut oil is great for removing eye makeup. It is gentle on the eye and, of course, moisturizing. If you are concerned about under eye wrinkles, I would definitely recommend using coconut oil. I will admit, it takes a bit longer to remove my eye makeup, especially since I wear tons of mascara, however, I love how smooth my under eye area feels afterwards. 
Facial moisturizer - Do you see a little pattern here? Well, yes, coconut oil is just a great moisturizer overall. I am not sure if it is safe to use coconut oil in the sun, but it is great for those nights when you need a little extra moisture, like during the cold weather. 
Supplement - Coconut oil is great when used from the outside, not imagine all the benefits you will receive when taking it as a supplement? I will admit, I am not a big fan of using it for this method because of the taste, but if you do not mind it, then go for it! If you are like me and do not like the taste, you can even cook with it! Now, I am not a doctor, so do consult with your physician before taking this as a supplement. 

These are all the benefits that I know of, but if you know of any other, please leave it as a comment down below! I would love to know more ways in which I can use coconut oil.

Have you ever used coconut oil?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric